Saturday, May 31, 2008

4.8t DL



And finally started my first Modellwagen diesel! This is what it should look like when finished.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Hi,

Do you order all your models from modellwagen direct? Are you in Japan, i live in the UK and have seen their models and have been looking at buying a couple. Can you tell me how they are to deal with and how long delivery is please?

Keep up the blogging, it's a interesting read!

Cheers,

Tom.

Simplex said...

Thanks for the comment Tom,
I'm glad is someone looking at this!

I've ordered once from Modellwagen direct, but recently have been ordering their kits through a gentleman named Yoshiya Kobayashi, who orders them on my behalf. He produces some fantastic kits on his own as well. His website is http://www.hpmix.com/home/yoshiya/Yoshiya/index.htm . He also distributes Aru, Jow Works and World Kougei kits, and as I'm in Canada, and I don't know if I'd be able to get them any other way....

I'm looking forward to following your Port na Cailliche layout as well!

-Cody

Tom said...

Hi Cody, Thanks for that. I've been in touch with Yoshiya Kobayashi before. I've found some Modellwagen wagons i'm quite interested in.

Thanks for the comment on PnC, it's a way off starting yet, but thought it was worth doing a blog about the planning stage of the layout which is something i think people miss sometimes.

Have you made any more progress on the Modellwagen diesel kit? I take it all the instructions are only in Japanese?