Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hershey Electric Gondola No. 46


Another new project to keep me from actually completing anything is a 4x3 foot mini-layout.  It is based on a mash-up of very small narrow gauge electrified mining lines and is named after the Hershey Electric lines in Cuba.  I will be completely freelancing the equipment and landscape and have it in my mind to take a more whimsical approach than I usually do.  But things will be built with at least a small level of realistic probability.  My first bit of rolling stock is this 18' gondola, built of stripwood and Grandt Line parts and riding on regular Kadee HO scale archbar trucks.  It has a nice and low narrow gauge look, and runs nicely around my pretty tight radius curves.  More on the Hershey Electric is in the works, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What modifications did you have to do to the Kadee truck to get it to fit N gauge wheels? I'm looking into MicroTrains, or Kadee trucks and converting them with N scale 36" sets. I need something EASY and inexpensive, since Grandt is no longer making their HOn30 trucks. So far, the easiest fix is MT trucks with big wheels.