The bridge for my new HOn30 Mini is now complete. After this picture was taken some additional ground cover was spread around the base to avoid the floating bridge look...
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Nice little bridge. I'm looking at doing something similar on my micro once I add an additional layer of foam board beneath the existing base layer for some topographical variety.
BTW, I enjoy your blog and have it listed on my webpage.
Thanks Dwayne, I've been following your micro on the Freerails forum, and I really like the 5.5mm scale approach for three foot gauge. I've been tempted to try 3mm scale on N gauge track for 3' gauge, but decided that HOn30 was easier..
-Cody
BTW: I was reading on your webpage about building critter mechanisms, and noticed you were examining the old Bachmann 44t power trucks, but were concerned about the size of the motor. I don't know if you know about the remotering kits for these trucks offered by Nigel Lawton: http://www.nigellawton009.com/BachmannCradleHO.html Might be worth a look...
3 comments:
Nice little bridge. I'm looking at doing something similar on my micro once I add an additional layer of foam board beneath the existing base layer for some topographical variety.
BTW, I enjoy your blog and have it listed on my webpage.
Thanks Dwayne,
I've been following your micro on the Freerails forum, and I really like the 5.5mm scale approach for three foot gauge. I've been tempted to try 3mm scale on N gauge track for 3' gauge, but decided that HOn30 was easier..
-Cody
BTW: I was reading on your webpage about building critter mechanisms, and noticed you were examining the old Bachmann 44t power trucks, but were concerned about the size of the motor. I don't know if you know about the remotering kits for these trucks offered by Nigel Lawton: http://www.nigellawton009.com/BachmannCradleHO.html
Might be worth a look...
Thanks Cody. That link is perfect! Now the trick will be to fit RC components into a critter using a setup like this...
Post a Comment