Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another HOn30 Railbus

I'm back on the railbusses at the moment. Another one in the works, this time trying to get a more precarious looking running gear, more like this prototype photo. I used the usual Kato 11-105 two truck chassis with the unpowered truck cut off and replaced with a bit of chassis from a Kato four-wheel boxcar. One of the things i dislike about the 11-104 (four wheel) kato chassis is the low ground clearance because of the weight and motor, which makes a railcar look stable and solid, which isn't what I really want. But I think I'm getting closer to what I'm looking for.

Looks dangerous, hey?

3 comments:

DW said...

Looks good. I see the new bridge is holding up. :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Simplex said...

Thank you Gentlemen,

Hiromi, I remember seeing your railbusses, and they were definitely the inspiration for mine!

-Cody