Monday, August 02, 2010

Two Flatcars and a Skeleton

So with a bit of effort I decided a while back to try and concentrate on fewer scales, try and sort of reign in my rubber gauging. To that end I managed to liquidate my N scale standard gauge stuff and started building some On3 stock:







So far two flatcars and a skeleton car have been started. The first flat is based on a 28' Nevada County Narrow Gauge car and is scratchbuilt with the usual Grandt Line detail parts. The second is a Grandt Line Bettendorf steel underframe kit and will be eventually finished into a gondola using parts from a Russian River high-sided gondola kit I've been robbing parts from. The 20' skeleton log car in the third picture is based on a set of Al Armitage drawing from the May/June 1996 Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette.

I still have much of my Nn3, HO, HOn30 and 1/35n2 stuff which I'm sure will pop up in these pages every now and then...

No comments: