Thursday, May 16, 2013

Diversions in HOn30 & HOn2

 Another batch of 'sub-projects' ongoing are a trio of unusual 30" gauge pulpwood cars that were operated by the Molino Timber Company somewhere in California, some time ago.  
My model is another 'inspired by' version instead of a proper prototypical rendition.  These cars were unusually narrow, had link and pin couplers and trucks that looked like cut down skip frames.  Mine have the usual Micro-Trains trucks and couplers and Grandt Line detail parts.  The rest is wood.  They operate okay but are extremely lightweight so they can only be pulled at the end of a train.  Someday I'll add a load and hide some weight in there somehow.

And another diversion, this time in HOn2 (or more accurately, HO6.5), a kitbash of a Grandt Line Koppel Ore Car mashed together with a Micro-Trains Nn3 underframe.  I think it looks like something some poor, run down mining tram might have made using junk laying around. I'm not certain how much further I'll stumble into HOn2 territory, but I like the initial result.

1 comment:

Hiromi said...

Nice idea!